Bookmark and Share

Obesity Trends - Cooper County Schools 2008 - 2010

Cooper County WIC Data | Bunceton School | Hannah Cole (Central Elementary) | David Barton School – 3rd & 5th Grade

Laura Speed Elliott School | Pilot Grove School | Otterville R-6 | Prairie Home School

A note about this report:
The terms overweight and obese are based on Barlow SE and the Expert Committee. Expert committee recommendations regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity: summary report.
Pediatrics. 2007;120 (suppl 4);s164-92.

Cooper County WIC Data Graph 2008 Through 2010

WIC Data 2008 - 2010

 

Bunceton School Summary of Children’s BMI-for-Age

bunceton school

2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 Summary 2010-2011 Summary
  • 63 students assessed
  • 34% overweight or obese (>85th %)
  • 26% obese (>95th %)
  • Males – 34
    • 8% overweight; 26% obese (Combined 34%)
  • Females - 29
    • 6% overweight; 27% obese (Combined 33%)
  • 51 students assessed
  • 51% overweight or obese
  • 33% obese
  • Males - 21
    • 14% overweight; 48% obese (Combined 62%)
  • Females – 30
    • 20% overweight; 23% obese (Combined 43%)
  • 120 students assessed
  • 44% overweight or obese
  • 24% obese
  • Males – 52
    • 17% overweight 23% obese (Combined 40%)
  • Females – 68
    • 39% overweight 25% obese (Combined 64%)

top of page

Hannah Cole (Central Elementary)

Hannah Cole (Central Elementary

2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 112 students assessed
  • 47% overweight or obese
  • 27% obese
  • Males – 60
    • 20% overweight; 26% obese (Combined 46%)
  • Females - 52
    • 21% overweight; 28% obese (Combined 49%)
  • 82 students assessed
  • 47% overweight or obese
  • 25% obese
  • Males - 46
    • 26% overweight; 26% obese (Combined 52%)
  • Females – 36
    • 16% overweight; 25% obese (Combined 41%)
  • 120 students assessed
  • 44% overweight or obese
  • 21% obese
  • Males – 52
    • 17% overweight 23% obese (Combined 40%)
  • Females – 68
    • 22% overweight 25% obese (Combined 47%)

top of page

David Barton School – 3rd & 5th Grade

barton school

David Barton School Summary of 3rd Grade Students BMI-For-Age
2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 89 students assessed
  • 34% overweight or obese
  • 20% obese
  • Males – 39
    • 15% overweight; 12% obese (Combined 27%)
  • Females - 46
    • 4% overweight; 11% obese (Combined 15%)
  • 96 students assessed
  • 28% overweight or obese
  • 17% obese
  • Males - 50
    • 18% overweight; 22% obese (Combined 40%)
  • Females – 46
    • 4% overweight; 11% obese (Combined 15%)
  • 96 students assessed
  • 45% overweight or obese
  • 28% obese
  • Males – 52
    • 9% overweight 25% obese (Combined 34%)
  • Females – 50
    • 18% overweight 18% obese (Combined 36%)
David Barton School Summary of 5th Grade Students BMI-For-Age
2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 102 students assessed
  • 34% overweight or obese
  • 21% obese
  • Males – 52
    • 9% overweight; 25% obese (Combined 34%)
  • Females - 50
    • 18% overweight; 18% obese (Combined 36%)
  • 81 students assessed
  • 36% overweight or obese
  • 20% obese
  • Males - 46
    • 17% overweight; 20% obese (Combined 37%)
  • Females – 35
    • 14% overweight; 20% obese (Combined 34%)
  • 104 students assessed
  • 36% overweight or obese
  • 26% obese
  • Males – 52
    • 17% overweight 25% obese (Combined 42%)
  • Females – 52
    • 18% overweight 31% obese (Combined 49%)

top of page

Laura Speed Elliott School

laura speed elliot school

2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 90 students assessed
  • 37% overweight or obese
  • 20% obese
  • Males – 46
    • 24% overweight; 15% obese (Combined 39%)
  • Females - 44
    • 9% overweight; 25% obese (Combined 34%)
  • 69 students assessed
  • 46% overweight or obese
  • 21% obese
  • Males - 37
    • 21% overweight; 24% obese (Combined 45%)
  • Females – 32
    • 28% overweight; 18% obese (Combined 46%)
  • 206 students assessed
  • 44% overweight or obese
  • 22% obese
  • Males – 100
    • 20% overweight 20% obese (Combined 40%)
  • Females – 106
    • 23% overweight 25% obese (Combined 48%)

top of page

Pilot Grove School

Pilot Grove School

2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 94 students assessed
  • 26% overweight or obese
  • 24% obese
  • Males – 44
    • 29% overweight; 29% obese (Combined 58%)
  • Females - 50
    • 16% overweight; 20% obese (Combined 36%)
  • 194 students assessed
  • 44% overweight or obese
  • 26% obese
  • Males - 118
    • 20% overweight; 24% obese (Combined 44%)
  • Females – 116
    • 14% overweight; 28% obese (Combined 42%)
  • 219 students assessed
  • 42% overweight or obese
  • 27% obese
  • Males – 127
    • 15% overweight 28% obese (Combined 43%)
  • Females – 92
    • 16% overweight 25% obese (Combined 41%)

top of page

Otterville R-6

Otterville R-6

2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 272 students assessed
  • 40% overweight or obese
  • 25% obese
  • Students not reported as Male/Female
  • 232 students assessed
  • 35% overweight or obese
  • 22% obese
  • Males - 109
    • 12% overweight; 28% obese (Combined 40%)
  • Females – 123
    • 14% overweight; 17% obese (Combined 31%)
  • 161 students assessed
  • 37% overweight or obese
  • 25% obese
  • Males – 77
    • 11% overweight 31% obese (Combined 42%)
  • Females – 84
    • 14% overweight 19% obese (Combined 33%)

top of page

Prairie Home School

Prairie Home School

2008-2009 School Year 2009-2010 School Year 2010-2011 School Year
  • 96 students assessed
  • 37% overweight or obese
  • 17% obese
  • Males – 51
    • Overweight – 13%; Obese – 19% (Combined 32%)
  • Females – 45
    • Overweight – 26% Obese – 15% (Combined41%)
  • 92 students assessed
  • 40% overweight or obese
  • 26% obese
  • Males - 54
    • 11% overweight; 27% obese (Combined 38%)
  • Females – 38
    • 18% overweight; 23% obese (Combined 41%)
Not assessed (Due to health problems)