Additional post added to CAFO FAQ’s


I am a farmer, but I do not own a CAFO, is there any assistance available to assist with Nutrient Management Plans?


A possible solution is the NRCS EQIP Program through USDA. Farmers not owning a CAFO and receiving manure from a CFO can apply to USDA, NRCS, for enrollment in the EQIP Program (CAP104) for cost share and assistance in developing their plan.  Deadline for current application period is November 16, 2018.  NRCS also has a list of approved Technical Service Providers they use to develop nutrient management plans.  The website for Technical Service Providers (TSP’s) is located at .  The site provides background on what TSP’s do and how to find a TSP for a specific type of service.  Hiring one of these TSP’s to complete a service is at farmer’s own cost unless they have an approved contract to develop a nutrient management plan through the local NRCS’s Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).