07/10/2020 by Candace Sorrell 0 Comments
As of 7/10/2020 10:00AM Cooper County Covid-19 Statistics
Cooper County Public Health Center
17040 Klinton Drive Boonville, MO 65233
Telephone: (660) 882-2626 ~ Fax: (660) 882-2586 www.coopercopublichealth.com
As of 7/10/2020 10:00AM
Cooper County Covid-19 Statistics
Newly diagnosed cases reported today 3
Total number of cases year to date. 28
Active Cases 15
Travel Related 7
Source unknown still under investigation 1
Community Transmission 20
Total Recovered 13
Total Deaths 0
Cases not included in the numbers above
Cases with wrong jurisdiction 2 (i.e. labeled as Cooper but belong to neighboring County)
No Case 1*
*No case applies to one positive report where the patient tested negative before and after a test that reported the patient’s name wrong and the date of test wrong. Nursing staff and physician of patient felt it was a laboratory error. Case is declared a "no case".
We encourage anyone that suspects you have COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 to call your healthcare provider before seeking care unless it is a life threating emergency.
It is important that every member of the community continue to follow the CDC basic hygiene preventative measures. These measures include avoiding contact with people who are sick, covering coughs and sneezes, proper handwashing, cleaning frequently used surfaces, and staying home when sick.
The Cooper County Public Health Center has taken and will continue to take the necessary precautions to keep our community safe and will continue to diligently monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves by following the CDC guidelines to protect public health and limit spread of this infection.
· The Cooper County Public Health Center is providing limited testing per DHSS guidelines for Covid-19 by appointment only.
The process for obtaining Covid-19 medical testing is as follows:
· Individual needing testing MUST be preapproved by health center staff through phone interview approval. During the phone interview the individual must meet the following criteria:
· Meet medical criteria for testing.
· Must have transportation to the Cooper County Public Health Center.
Walk in face to face interviews will not be conducted. The purpose of phone interviews is to reduce the health center exposure to the medically ill. Phone interviews must be completed in advance. This is not a walk-in clinic. Testing will be done by appointment only, in a drive thru setting. Please call 660-882-2626 for eligibility interview.
If You Believe You Have Symptoms
· Call the COVID-19 Hotline at 877.435.8411. Do not go to the emergency room or doctor’s office before calling. If unable to get through, call your local healthcare provider.
· If you do not have a local healthcare provider, call the Cooper County Public Health Center at 660.882.2626. The Center does not have a physician on staff however, we will help you locate a healthcare provider.
· Follow the instructions provided by healthcare professionals.
· Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 can isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
· Avoid public areas: Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
· Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ridesharing, or taxis.
Stay away from others: As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.