01/05/20 by Candace Sorrell 0 Comments
notification of the eighth positive case of COVID-19 in Cooper County.
Cooper County Public Health Center
17040 Klinton Drive Boonville, MO 65233
Telephone: (660) 882-2626 ~ Fax: (660) 882-2586
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 1, 2020 10:15am
Melanie Hutton RN, MSN Administrator
(Boonville, MO) The Cooper County Public Health Center has received notification of the eighth positive case of COVID-19 in Cooper County. The positive case was exposed to covid-19 from an infected person in a neighboring county. There are no known exposures from the 8th case as this individual was staying at home due to their exposure to the known positive case. The patient’s identity will remain confidential, the investigation is in process. We are working with this individual to insure they are following Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines in regarding isolation.
The Cooper County Public Health Center is currently working with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) to conduct an investigation in an effort to identify any individual that may have come in close contact with the positive individual to monitor them for symptoms and assist in the containment of the virus.
We encourage anyone that suspects you have COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 to call your healthcare provider before seeking care, unless it is a life threating emergency.
It is important that every member of the community continue to follow the CDC basic hygiene preventative measures. These measures include avoiding contact with people who are sick, covering coughs and sneezes, proper handwashing, cleaning frequently used surfaces, and staying home when sick.
The Cooper County Public Health Center has taken and will continue to take the necessary precautions to keep our community safe and will continue to diligently monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves by following the CDC guidelines to protect public health and limit spread of this infection.
The Cooper County Public Health Center is announcing limited testing for Covid-19 by appointment only.
The process for obtaining Covid-19 medical testing is as follows:
Individual needing testing MUST be preapproved by health center staff through phone interview During the phone interview the individual must meet the following criteria:
- Meet medical criteria for testing.
- Must have transportation to the Cooper County Public Health Center.
Walk in face to face interviews will not be conducted. The purpose of phone interviews is to reduce the health center exposure to the medically ill. Phone interviews must be completed in advance. This is not a walk-in clinic. Testing will be done by appointment only; in a drive thru setting. Please call 660-882-2626 for eligibility interview.
If You Believe You Have Symptoms
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline at 877.435.8411. Do not go to the emergency room or doctor’s office before calling. If unable to get through, call your local healthcare provider.
- If you do not have a local healthcare provider, call the Cooper County Public Health Center at 660.882.2626. The Center does not have a physician on staff however, we will help you locate a healthcare provider.
- Follow the instructions provided by healthcare professionals.
- Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 can isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Avoid public areas: Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
- Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ridesharing, or taxis.
- Stay away from others: As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
Both MU Health Care and Boone Hospital Center have begun offering drive-thru testing.
Drive-thru testing is available from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday. The drive-thru is closed Sunday in the MU softball stadium parking lot. MU Health Care is now offering free video visits to assess for COVID-19. Patients should visit MUHealthVideoVisits.org and select the "COVID-19" video visit option.
Boone Hospital Center.
- This location will be open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.-12 p.m. It will be closed on Sundays beginning April 19.