07/25/2020 by Candace Sorrell 0 Comments
Cooper County Public Health Center
17040 Klinton Drive Boonville, MO 65233
Telephone: (660) 882-2626 ~ Fax: (660) 882-2586
(July 25, 2020, 4:00pm Boonville) The Cooper County Public Health Center would like to share that we have had a staff member test positive for covid-19. Clients exposed to this individual will be contacted by phone. Their exposure will not meet close contact requirements due to the staff member wearing a mask and gloves and time of service and was less than 15 minutes in duration. Four clients have been identified. In an OVERABUNDANCE OF CAUTION, we will provide notification to them via telephone.
For the next business week of July 27, 2020 through July 31st, 2020 the front lobby will be locked. We will provide a very limited set of services. Due to the ESSENTIAL SERVICE nature of public health services we will not be taking any new appointments next week .All staff members have been tested and we are awaiting test results which we hope to receive on Monday July 27, 2020. Planned services could change because of those test results.
We are down to four staff members who are not on quarantine and are available to provide services. Two WIC nutrition staff, one Environmental staff and one nurse (who is also the administrator).
- WIC clients will receive their services via the front lobby window as we have in the past
- Clinic appointments will need to call to alert staff of their arrival and will be let in one at time. No waiting in the lobby
- Death certificates will still be provided to the undertakers and coroner on an as needed basis
- Birth certificates can be obtained at all local county health departments surrounding Cooper County like Boone, Moniteau, Howard, Saline, Morgan, Cole etc.
- Contact tracing to covid cases will still occur via phone as staff on home quarantine will have office phones transferred to their office cell phones
- Routine health inspections and water testing will not occur during this upcoming week. Only emergencies will be addressed
- Water samples will continue to be accepted for pick here at our office. The agencies wanting to drop off specimens will need to call in when they arrive and staff will meet at the front door to pick up
- For covid testing we recommend individuals use local providers at the MU drive through or Boone Hospital this week
The staff of the Cooper County Public Health Center wish to remain as transparent as possible during this time. We ask for patience and support during this difficult time. We will strive to serve our citizens to the best of our capacity
Thank you very much.
Melanie Hutton RN, MSN