05/12/2020 by Candace Sorrell 0 Comments
Public health experts across Missouri are working to stop the spread of COVID-19 through contact tracing.
May 11, 2020
COVID-19/Missouri Weekly Update: 5/11 Public Health Reminders
Public health experts across Missouri are working to stop the spread of COVID-19 through contact tracing. To help Missourians understand contact tracing, what it is, why it’s important, and what they can do to help, the One for All Missouri campaign would like to share the following reminders:
- Contact tracing is the process of identifying people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 in order to stop the spread.
- Public health experts at local health departments are responsible for contact tracing in their own communities.
- Contact tracers work with patients to identify anyone the patient may have had contact with while they were contagious.
- Contact tracers then reach out to these contacts to provide them with resources and information to protect themselves and others.
- Contact tracers work diligently to protect patient confidentiality. Contacts are not told who the patient is unless the patient gives their permission.
- If you are called by a contact tracer, provide as much information as you can. It is very important that they be able to quickly locate anyone you could have potentially exposed. And remember, your information will be kept confidential.
- You can help stop the spread by keeping a daily record of the places you go and who you have been in close contact with.
- If you are called by a contact tracer, be prepared to list your contacts quickly and accurately.
- A printable contact tracing worksheet is available at com to help people keep track of the right information in one place.
For more information about contact tracing and how to #stopthespread, visit our website at oneforallmo.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. One for All Missouri campaign representatives are available to discuss in more detail.