Cooper County Public Health Center
17040 Klinton Drive Boonville, MO 65233
Telephone: (660) 882-2626 ~ Fax: (660) 882-2586
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 22, 2020 9:45pm
Correction notice under assistance.
The original release instructed individuals to contact the Boone County Health Department for assistance if they need help locating a medical provider. The corrected statement should read: If you do not have a local healthcare provider, call the Cooper County Public Health Center at 660.882.2626. The Center does not have a physician on staff however, we will help you locate a healthcare provider. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 22, 2020 12:30pm
Melanie Hutton RN, MSN Administrator
(Boonville, MO) The Cooper County Public Health Center has received notice that a patron of the Isle of Capri Casino has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. This individual visited the gaming floor on March 17, 2020 for approximately two hours from 9:00-11:00 AM. This individual resides outside of Cooper County.
The Cooper County Public Health Center is currently working with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), public health partners and Cooper County officials.
For members of the public who were visiting the Isle of Capri Casino on March 17, 2020 or employees who need Covid -19 testing please see the instructions at the end of this press release.
It is important that every member of the community continue to follow the CDC basic hygiene preventative measures. These measures include avoiding contact with people who are sick, covering coughs and sneezes, proper handwashing, cleaning frequently used surfaces, and staying home when sick.
The Cooper County Public Health Center has taken and will continue to take the necessary precautions to keep our community safe and will continue to diligently monitor the COVID-19 situation as it evolves by following the CDC guidelines to protect public health and limit spread of this infection.
If You Believe You Have Symptoms
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline at 877.435.8411. Do not go to the emergency room or doctor’s office before calling. If unable to get through, call your local healthcare provider.
- If you do not have a local healthcare provider, call the Cooper County Public Health Center at 660.882.2626. The Center does not have a physician on staff however, we will help you locate a healthcare provider.
- Follow the instructions provided by healthcare professionals.
- Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 can isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Avoid public areas: Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
- Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ridesharing, or taxis.
- Stay away from others: As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
Both MU Health Care and Boone Hospital Center have begun offering drive-thru testing.
MU Health Care will offer drive-thru COVID-19 testing for patients with physician orders. The drive-thru testing is for patients with mild symptoms who’ve been assessed by a provider either through a clinic or video visit. Testing will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily in the MU softball stadium parking lot. MU Health Care is now offering free video visits to assess for COVID-19. Patients should visit MUHealthVideoVisits.org and select the “COVID-19” video visit option.
Boone Hospital Center will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The drive-thru is located south of the hospital’s Emergency Department entrance on the southwest side. The drive-thru is offered for those who have been screened by a health professional.